Date: Sunday, June 14, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
Opponent: vs. Chicago Sky | Buy Tickets »»
Assist the Indiana Fever in honoring the memory of Lauren Hill on Sunday, June 14.
Lauren Hill, an Indiana native, is the Mount St. Joseph college basketball player who transcended sports during her courageous battle with brain cancer. Tragically, Lauren lost her fight in April, 2015. Hill captured the nation’s attention when she refused to sacrifice playing the sport she loved, and thousands of people packed Xavier University’s Cintas Center to watch her college debut, a game in which she scored her team’s first and last field goals. On Sunday, the Indiana Fever are hosting Lauren Hill Tribute Night to continue to build awareness of her disease and raise funds to support The Cure Starts Now Foundation.
Lauren Hill Night:
There will be several events before, during and after the Fever’s game against the Chicago Sky to honor Hill and donate to the ongoing battle to find a cure for the disease that took Hill and so many other’s lives. There will be an on-court ceremony before tipoff honoring Hill and her family, who will be in attendance. Hill will receive her own jersey, which will be placed on an empty seat on the Fever bench; the seat will remain empty for the duration of the game.
For every layup made during the game, the Indiana Fever’s Be YOUnique Fund, a grant fund of the Pacers Foundation, Inc., will donate $300 to The Cure Starts Now. In addition, The Cure Starts Now will be selling Lauren Hill t-shirts and trading cards on the Main Concourse through halftime. Double-sided cheer cards will also be provided to fans so they can cheer on both the Fever and Hill’s memory. The Fever ask that if fans purchase Lauren Hill t-shirts, or already have them in their possession, to wear them in the stands for the game.
Donation Opportunities: *
- Silent Auction: A silent auction will be held through halftime on the Main Concourse, including items from both the Fever and Indiana Pacers. See the auction items »»
- T-Shirts & Trading Cards: The Cure Starts Now will be selling #22 t-shirts ($5) and trading cards ($5) through halftime.
- Postgame Layups4Lauren: All fans are invited to make a “layup4Lauren” and monetary donation on the Main Court, following the Fever game.
- Special Ticket Option: Visit FeverGroups.com/LaurenHill and enter code “LAUREN” to donate a portion of your ticket costs to the Cure Starts Now.
* All monetary proceeds will go to The Cure Starts Now Foundation.