Atlanta Dream (5-18) at Indiana Fever (8-16)
Date: Saturday, August 10th
Time: 3:00 p.m. (ET)
Site: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Live Stream: CBS Sports Network
The Indiana Fever welcome the Atlanta Dream to Bankers Life Fieldhouse for the second time in 10 days on Saturday afternoon. Indiana is coming off a 91-78 loss in Washington Thursday night, which dropped its record to 8-16. Atlanta fell to the Minnesota Lynx 85-69 on Tuesday and is 5-18 on the season.
Kelsey Mitchell hit four 3-pointers and led the Fever with 18 points in the defeat to the Mystics. Candice Dupree added 16 points on 7-of-8 shooting. Renee Montgomery scored a team-high 19 points for Atlanta. Alex Bentley (12 points), Tiffany Hayes (12 points) and Jessica Breland (10 points) combined for another 34. The teams split their two previous meetings this season, with the home team winning both times.
Fever: F – Betnijah Laney, F – Candice Dupree, C – Teaira McCowan or Natalie Achonwa, G – Tiffany Mitchell, G – Erica Wheeler
Dream: F –Brittney Sykes, F –Jessica Breland, C –Elizabeth Williams, G –Tiffany Hayes, G –Renee Montgomery
- Saturday’s game is Indiana’s annual Breast Health Awareness Game presented by St. Vincent, with the entire game dedicated to breast health awareness, fundraising for a cure and celebration of breast cancer survivors. The first 2,000 fans will receive a gray-and-pink Breast Health Awareness Game t-shirt and the St. Vincent Mammography Unit will be on display as part of the Family Fun Zone presented by Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent.
- Erica Wheeler paced the Fever with 15 points and scored the game-winning basket with 11.9 seconds left in Indiana’s 61-59 victory over the Dream on July 31. Elizabeth Williams finished with a game-high 17 points for Atlanta.
- Kelsey Mitchell came off the bench and led Indiana in scoring for the second game in a row on Thursday. Mitchell ended with 18 points and went 4-of-8 from 3-point range.
- Mitchell has 38 points and 15 assists in her last two games. Mitchell is the only player in the WNBA with more than 30 points and 12 assists in their previous two contests (through games on Aug. 8).
- Candice Dupree went 7-of-8 from the floor and scored 16 points. Dupree has posted at least 12 points in four of her last five games.
- Stephanie Mavunga (eight points, six rebounds) tied her career high in rebounds for the second game in a row. Mavunga connected on three of her four field goal attempts and was 2-of-2 at the free throw line.
- Natalie Achonwa (3-of-6) shot at least 50 percent from the field for the 17th time in her 22 appearances this season. Achonwa also made the first 3-pointer of her WNBA career.
- Erica Wheeler (130) needs six assists to pass Tamika Catchings (135) at No. 5 and tie Briann January (136) at No. 4 among Fever single-season assist leaders. Wheeler is nine assists from passing her own total in 2017 (138) in third.
- Natalie Achonwa (621) is 10 rebounds away from passing Katie Douglas (630) for fifth in Fever history.
- A win over the Dream would give Indiana its first three-game home winning streak since the Fever opened the 2017 season 3-0 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. It would also secure the franchise’s first season series victory against Atlanta since 2017.