Indiana Fever (2-18) at Atlanta Dream (10-9)
Date: Friday, July 13, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. (EDT)
Site: McCamish Pavilion
Live Stream: WNBA League Pass
Fever: F- Candice Dupree, C- Natalie Achonwa, G- Kelsey Mitchell, G- Tiffany Mitchell, G- Victoria Vivians,
Dream: F- Angel McCoughtry, F- Jessica Breland, C- Elizabeth Williams, G- Renee Montgomery, G- Tiffany Hayes
The Indiana Fever step inside McCamish Pavilion to face the Atlanta Dream for the fourth time this season. Indiana is in search of its third win overall after defeating the Dream, 96-64, earlier this year.
The Fever are looking to bounce back after falling to the Minnesota Lynx, 87-65, on Wednesday, while the Dream are coming off a 106-89 win over the Washington Mystics. Erica Wheeler led the Fever with 12 points, six rebounds and five assists off the bench in their loss to the Lynx. The Dream were led by Angel McCoughtry, scoring 24 points and handing out six assists in the win over Washington.
Guard Shenise Johnson (left knee ACL rehabilitation) remains out and will not play.
• Indiana’s first win this season was against the Dream on June 16. Indiana held Atlanta to just 64 points and forced 19 turnovers. The Fever shot 34-of-76 (44.7%) from the field and the Victoria Vivians-Kelsey Mitchell rookie duo accounted for 40 points, leading them to a 96-64 victory over Atlanta.
• In 22 minutes off the bench, Erica Wheeler had 12 points, six rebounds, and five assists to lead Indiana in their loss to Minnesota. With 313 assists in three seasons with Indiana, Wheeler is now six assists from moving into fifth place on the Fever’s career assist list.
• Rookie guard Kelsey Mitchell connected on three 3-point field goals to move into 15th on the WNBA’s single-season 3-point list by rookies. She has made 49 for the season.
• Natalie Achonwa scored in double-figures for the 10th time this season with 10 points against the Lynx on Wednesday. Achonwa has scored in double-figures in three of her last four games.
• Cappie Pondexter scored nine points on 4-of-12 shooting in her first home game for the Indiana Fever on Wednesday. Pondexter played 24 minutes off the bench for Indiana.
• The Fever rookie class has now combined for 93 3-point field goals. With seven more they would become the third rookie class by any WNBA team to reach the century mark.
• The Dream had four of their five starters score over 20 points in their 106-89 victory over the Mystics on Wednesday. Angel McCoughtry led the team with 24 points, followed closely by Jessica Breland (23), Tiffany Hayes (21), and Renee Montgomery (21). McCoughtry and Hayes are both ranked in the Top 15 in scoring in the WNBA.
• The Dream recently signed Alex Bentley in exchange for Layshia Clarendon and the Dream’s 2019 second-round draft pick. A local graduate of Ben Davis High School in Indianapolis, Bentley had two points and six assists in 11 minutes for Atlanta in Wednesday’s win.