Indiana Fever (1-12) vs Connecticut Sun (7-5)
Date: Sunday, June 24, 2018
Time: 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
Site: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
TV: FOX Sports Indiana
Live Stream: FOX Sports App
Fever: F- Victoria Vivians, F- Candice Dupree, C- Natalie Achonwa, G- Kelsey Mitchell, G- Tiffany Mitchell
Sun: F- Chiney Ogwumike, F- Shekinna Stricklen, C- Jonquel Jones, G- Courtney Williams, G- Jasmine Thomas
The Indiana Fever return to Indianapolis to face the Connecticut Sun for the second time this season Sunday night. The Sun defeated the Fever, 86-77, in their first matchup, where Fever Rookie Kelsey Mitchell had 18 points shooting 4-of-8 from behind the arc.
Both teams are looking for bounce-back wins after losing Friday night. Connecticut fell to the Atlanta Dream, 75-70, while Indiana lost to the Seattle Storm, 72-63. The Fever were led by Veteran Candice Dupree with 15 points and seven rebounds on Friday. Chiney Ogwumike was the leading scorer for Connecticut dropping 16 points and grabbing six rebounds in their loss to the Dream.
Guard Shenise Johnson (left knee ACL rehabilitation) remains out and will not play.
Storylines & Promotion
• Sunday night’s game will be the first ever Star Wars night inside of Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Star Wars characters will be roaming around the Main Concourse for families and children to take pictures with!
• The first time Indiana and Connecticut faced this year, Kelsey Mitchell led the Fever with 14 points and Candice Dupree followed with 14 points and six rebounds. Alyssa Thomas was the key factor for the Sun as she scored 21 points to led Connecticut to a 86-77 win over Indiana.
• Indiana had three players in double figures against the Storm, Friday night. Candice Dupree led the Fever with 15 points, followed by Erica Wheeler with 13, and Kelsey Mitchell with 11.
• Erica Wheeler continues to be a factor for the Fever coming off the bench. In 25 minutes, Wheeler scored 13 points and added four assists for Indiana Friday night.
• In Asia Taylor’s second game for Indiana, she received 17 minutes of playing time adding four points and four rebounds to the boards for the Fever.
• Connecticut leads the all-time series history over Indiana 39-29. The last three games against the Sun have been in Connecticut. The Sun won all three. The last time Indiana and Connecticut played inside of Bankers Life Fieldhouse, May 20, 2017, the Fever defeated the Sun 81-79.