Minnesota Lynx (10-10) at Indiana Fever (7-15)
Date: Saturday, August 3rd
Time: 7:00 p.m. (ET)
Site: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Live Stream: Fox Sports Indiana
The Indiana Fever host the Minnesota Lynx at Bankers Life Fieldhouse Saturday night. Indiana returned from the All-Star break on Wednesday with a 61-59 win against the Atlanta Dream, moving its record to 7-15 on the season. Minnesota sits at 10-10 and hasn’t played since July 24, when the Lynx lost to the Mystics 79-71.
Erica Wheeler scored a team-high 15 points on 6-of-12 shooting in Indiana’s victory on Wednesday. Teaira McCowan recorded a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds. The Lynx got 19 points from reserve Lexie Brown in their last game. Napheesa Collier (15 points, 11 rebounds) and Sylvia Fowles (18 points, 12 rebounds) both posted double-doubles.
Fever: F – Betnijah Laney, F – Candice Dupree, C –Teaira McCowan, G – Kelsey Mitchell, G – Erica Wheeler
Lynx: F –Napheesa Collier, F –Damiris Dantas, C –Sylvia Fowles, G –Odyssey Sims, G –Danielle Robinson
- With their victory over the Dream on Wednesday, the Fever surpassed their overall and home win totals from the entire 2018 season.
- Minnesota picked up a 78-74 win in the previous meeting between the Lynx and Fever on June 25. Odyssey Sims led all scorers with 25 points and contributed a game-high seven assists.
- Kelsey Mitchell paced Indiana with 17 points in the loss. Teaira McCowan (11 points), Erica Wheeler (13 points) and Natalie Achonwa (10 points) also finished in double figures.
- In Wednesday’s win, Candice Dupree (524) made four field goals to pass Shavonte Zellous (521) at No. 6 in Fever history. Dupree needs 58 more field goals to eclipse Ebony Hoffman (581) in fifth.
- Erica Wheeler scored a team-high 15 points and broke a 59-59 tie with 11.9 seconds left to give Indiana the victory. Wheeler has led the Fever in scoring each of the last four games.
- Wheeler also registered five steals, a new career high. The Fever tied their season high with 11 as a team.
- Teaira McCowan (10 points, 14 rebounds) recorded her fifth double-double of the season. Indiana’s 11 double-doubles are the most in a single season since 2014 (13).
- McCowan has scored at least 10 points in three straight games for the first time this season. She is averaging 13 rebounds per game over that span.
- Atlanta’s 25 first-half points were the fewest allowed by the Fever in the opening 20 minutes this season. The Dream shot 28.9 percent from the field, the lowest percentage for an Indiana opponent in 2019.
- Erica Wheeler (499) is one assist away from reaching 500 for her Fever career. She would be the third player in franchise history to reach that mark.
- Wheeler (473) needs seven field goals to pass Erlana Larkins (479) for eighth in Fever history.