Minnesota Lynx (5-5) at Indiana Fever (5-6)
Date: Tuesday, June 25th
Time: 7:00 p.m. (ET)
Site: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Live Stream: CBSSportsNetwork.com
The Indiana Fever welcome the Minnesota Lynx to Bankers Life Fieldhouse Tuesday night. Indiana finished its three-game road trip with a 1-2 record, putting the Fever at 5-6 overall. They closed out the road trip with a 65-61 loss to the Seattle Storm on Sunday. Minnesota evened up its record at 5-5 by defeating the New York Liberty 92-83 on Saturday.
Erica Wheeler led the way for the Fever in Seattle with a team-high 18 points on 5-of-13 shooting. Kelsey Mitchell (13 points) was the only other player to finish in double figures for Indiana. Odyssey Sims (20), Sylvia Fowles (19) and Napheesa Collier (19) combined for 58 points in the Lynx’s win over the Liberty. Fowles posted a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
Fever: F – Betnijah Laney, F – Candice Dupree, C –Teaira McCowan, G – Kelsey Mitchell, G – Erica Wheeler
Lynx: F –Napheesa Collier, F –Damiris Dantas, C –Sylvia Fowles, G –Odyssey Sims, G –Danielle Robinson
- Minnesota took two of the three meetings between the teams last season and has won 16 of the last 18 regular season games dating back to July 2011. The Lynx lead the all-time series 25-14.
- Erica Wheeler (18 points) was Indiana’s leading scorer for the second straight game. Wheeler or Kelsey Mitchell have led the Fever in scoring in seven of the team’s 11 games.
- Wheeler has 46 points and 12 assists over her last two games. Those numbers rank third and fifth, respectively, for all WNBA players in their last two games through June 23.
- With a layup to beat the buzzer at the end of the third quarter on Sunday, Natalie Achonwa scored the 1,000th point of her WNBA career. Achonwa is the 14th player in Fever history to score 1,000 points for the team.
- Achonwa (3-of-5) also extended her streak of consecutive games shooting at least 57 percent from the field to eight. Her .600 field goal percentage is second in the WNBA among qualified players, trailing only Minnesota’s Sylvia Fowles (.606).
- Rookie Teaira McCowan made her third straight start and pulled down a game-high 13 rebounds. Her 41 rebounds are the most of any player in the WNBA over their last three games.
- With her next point, Tiffany Mitchell will reach the 1,000-point mark for her WNBA and Fever career. She will be the 15th player in Indiana history to reach the milestone, joining teammates Candice Dupree, Erica Wheeler and Natalie Achonwa.
- Erica Wheeler (105) is two 3-pointers away from passing Shavonte Zellous (106) for No. 8 in Fever history. Three makes from behind the arc would move Wheeler past Rita Williams (107) for seventh.
- Kelsey Mitchell (96) is four 3-pointers away from 100 for her career. Her 26 3-pointers this season rank second in the WNBA as of June 23.
- Indiana has outrebounded its opponent in four of its last six games and has lost the rebounding battle just once over that stretch. The Fever were outrebounded in four of their first five games this season.
- A win against Minnesota would be the Fever’s third victory at home, surpassing their total from last season. It would also give the team its sixth win, tying last year’s total.