Calling all HIGH-ENERGY male and female dancers! Are you ready to show your skills in front of thousands of screaming fans? Do you love dancing? Working with a team? Are you ready to learn from some of the best in the business?
If so, we want to see you at Fever Inferno Hip-Hop Squad Auditions. Read below and see what it takes to become a member.
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
Registration begins at 5:00pm | Auditions will be begin promptly at 5:45pm
at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
125 S Pennsylvania St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Auditions are closed to the public.
For questions, visit the FAQs section or contact Michelle Duggan at email@example.com.
- Must be a minimum 14 years of age by March 3, 2020 and cannot be 19 years old on March 3, 2020.
- If selected, dancers must be able to commit to and attend rehearsals twice a week throughout April through October. Other commitments can be made, if chosen for the team, scheduling can be discussed. However, being a member of the Fever Inferno must be top priority.
- If selected, dancers must be available for home games throughout the months of May-October (preseason and postseason included). All dancers are expected to work all home games and requests for dates off are considered. Indiana Fever games will be played at Butler University for the 2020 season.
- Must provide a reference on the registration form
- Must be of good moral character
- Candidates may be asked to attend an in-person interview prior to the announcement of the team.
Suggested requirements: Previous dance training and experience is not required, but would be beneficial during the audition process. Tumbling skills are a bonus, but not required!
Inferno Hip-Hop Squad Audition Form:
What should I wear to the auditions?
Comfortable dance pants or shorts, a workout top or nice T-Shirt are appropriate. Dance or tennis shoes are required. Black rubber soles are not permitted. No jeans. We want you to be comfortable but at the same time express your personality. Be you!
What should I bring to auditions?
If I make the team, what is the commitment?
If you are selected, you will be part of the Inferno from the date of auditions until the end of the regular season and/or playoffs, should the Indiana Fever advance. The Fever Inferno perform at all Fever home games (preseason, regular and post-season included). All games will be played at Butler University this season. Dancers must be able to attend an orientation meeting in late March as well as practices twice a week beginning in April 2020 (practices are tentatively scheduled on Monday and Wednesday evenings (tentative). If selected, dancers must also have reliable transportation to rehearsals and games. Members are also asked to participate in appearances and various events on behalf of the Indiana Fever/Fever Inferno throughout the season. Being on time is extremely important to making the year a success!
What should I expect after being selected as a member of the 2020 Fever Inferno?
- Experience the excitement of performing in front of our loyal Fever fans at every home game
- Act as a role model and making a positive impact on the Indianapolis & surrounding communities by participating in various events
- Get paid for something that you love to do! Yes, this a part-time job! The Fever Inferno members get paid for their practice time, games and appearances.
- Make lifelong friends with your teammates!
What will the coach/judges look for during auditions?
Candidates will be evaluated on dance ability, style, strength and execution of choreography, energy and projection. This is just like participating in an interview for any other job. Be the best YOU that you can be!
Do current team members have to re-audition?
Yes. Everyone must go through the audition process each season and no one is guaranteed a place on the team.