Indiana Fever (0-2) vs. Connecticut Sun (0-1)
Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017
Time: 7:00 p.m. (EDT)
Site: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
TV: FOX Sports Indiana
Live Video: WNBA League Pass, FOX Sports GO
Fever: F- Marissa Coleman, F- Candice Dupree, C- Erlana Larkins, G- Shenise Johnson, G- Briann January
Sun: F- Alyssa Thomas, F- Morgan Tuck, C- Jonquel Jones, G- Alex Bentley, G- Jasmine Thomas
The Fever host the Connecticut Sun in their home opener, as both teams are searching for their first win of the year. The Fever finished their first-ever season-opening West Coast road trip 0-2 with losses in Seattle and Phoenix. The Sun dropped its first game of the year, and continues its own two-game road trip to start the season.
The Fever are 10-7 all-time in home openers and are seeking their first victory under new head coach Pokey Chatman.
Stats & Storylines
• The Fever lost in Phoenix 85-62 Wednesday night to finish their two-game road trip to open the season. Candice Dupree led the Fever with 14 points and moved into 14th on the WNBA’s all-time scoring list. Dupree also led the team with nine boards. Guard Tiffany Mitchell and center Natalie Achonwa each scored 11 points off the bench.
• The Sun lost 81-74 on the road to the Atlanta Dream to open its season on May 13. Morgan Tuck scored a career-high 21 points to lead all scorers in the game, and guard Courtney Williams scored 18 off the bench. Jonquel Jones pulled down a career-best 20 rebounds.
• Mitchell is the only Fever player to score in double figures in both games so far. She opened her rookie season last year scoring in double figures in eight straight games, a Fever rookie record.
• Erlana Larkins is ninth in team history with 1,086 points, and with 28 points will pass Tully Bevilaqua in eigth.
• Sun forward Lynetta Kizer will play her first game against the Fever since being part of the trade that brought Dupree to Indiana.
• Sun guard Alex Bentley grew up in the Indianapolis area, attending Ben Davis High School. She also interned with the Fever during her senior year at Penn State.
• Sun forward Chiney Ogwumike is out for the season due to an ACL injury suffered in November.
Pat Boylan sits down with Briann January and Shenise Johnson to preview the Fever’s home opener.
Pacers star Myles Turner is bringing his Turner’s Block back for Fever games this summer.