Students, ages 14 and up, may apply to become a member of the Fever Ball Kid Program at any time during the year.
Applicants must submit the following to the Fever office by March 31, 2016, to be considered for the upcoming season:
- A letter in the student’s own words as to what makes her/him unique and why she/he would make an excellent Ball Kid.
- A completed application (attached)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from someone other than a close friend or family member expressing why she/he would be an asset to the ball kid program.
Ball Kids will rotate among many jobs, including but not limited to:
- Setting up the court (pre-game)
- Sweeping, wiping the floor
- Distributing water, towels and warm-ups during timeouts
- Folding warm-ups and towels
- Rebounding for players before the game and during halftime
In an effort to promote and maintain the professional atmosphere of our program, Ball Kids must follow the policies below:
- Please consider these policies carefully before applying to the program.
- Perfect attendance to all assigned games, which fall between May and October (game schedule TBA in January)
- No autographs, idle chit chat or horsing around while working
- This is a job and must be approached with a commitment to serve others in an unselfish and professional manner
- Arrive to work three hours before the game (usually 4:00 p.m.) and stay up to an hour after the game (9-10:00 p.m.).
The Fever has a reputation for having one of the best Ball Kid programs in the WNBA. In addition to playing a special role in creating an atmosphere for all other franchises to model, Ball Kids enjoy:
- Complimentary Fever apparel to wear on game nights
- Two (2) complimentary tickets for family to attend the games assigned
- Complimentary pre-game meal for the games assigned
- The closest seat possible to exciting WNBA games all summer long!
How to Apply
Ball Kid decisions will be made between March and May 2016. If you have any questions, please contact Sheli Kuhl at
To be considered for the Indiana Fever Ball Kid Program, please send your letter and application to:
Fever Ball Kid Program
125 S. Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204